Thursday, January 12, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

After a much needed break from blogland - I'm back. I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful holiday season. With the start of a new year, many people choose to take this time to reflect over the past year. Then, inevitably, comes the list of resolutions for the new year. I have mixed feelings about "New Years Resolutions". I'm of the opinion that it is never a bad thing to strive to make changes that will improve your life. On the other hand, I think people often go overboard and set themselves up for failure. For me, therein lies the problem. What do you think?


Do you make New Years resolutions? Are they specific goals or broad lifestyle/attitude changes? What significance does the start of the New Year carry for you?

11 Comments:

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I think that as realistic as we try to be we still want to think we can accomplish that which may be very well unaccomplishable (is that even a word lol) Like me saying I'm gonna go to the 5 days a week..yea right now 2 or 3 times is more like it...we'll see if that even happens LOL

1:58 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

To be healthier. I like to make vague resolutions so I don't feel bad if I don't keep them.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New blog??? 2 blogs?? what the??? Hehe. Happy new year to you too!

9:17 PM  
Blogger zombi_king said...

i don't believe in resolutions. choices should be made day-to-day and based on fear, regret, self-loathing and constant doubt like any decision.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My answers to your questions are here.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Drea Inspired said...

I think it's natural to set new resolutions when you look back on the past. In the past, I've sworn off making resolutions because it's such a let down to myself when I don't follow through.

This year I made some pretty specific resolutions but I shared the broad version on my blog.

I'm striving to make changes in the now. Not to wait for some event to call a fresh start. The fresh start can be in this very moment.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Fahd Mirza said...

I make resolutions just for tomorrow, I dont have the stomach to make them for a year.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

I rather set goals. The New Year signifies to me new opportunities, new growth and hopefully a better me. Welcome back!

2:20 AM  
Blogger josie said...

usually dont make any but i decided to make one this year. my resolution - to take better care of myself.

3:22 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

I'm glad you're back!!

Nope, didn't make even ONE resolution this year...but on the flip side, I've kept every one I made. :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger VerseOne said...

Like everyone else i'm glad to see your posting again.
No resolution yet. i usually wait til the new years hype dies down. Peace.

p.s. new blog site, cause the old one quit working.
verse1chapter2.blogspot.com

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home