Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mental Health

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Thanks to everyone who participated in my touch post. Looks like there is a tie between back and neck for the favorite place to be touched. There are many places I like to be touched, but it has to be done in the right way and by the right person. But that's another post entirely! Ahem. Moving on... Today's topic: mental health.

Everyone has something they must do in order to keep sane. For me, I dedicate Sunday as my mental health day. I will not work and chances are, I won't leave the house much either. I may go for a hike with my dog, do a little shopping, go out to eat, or do homework if I absolutely must. But mostly, I like to stay in my PJs all day, take naps, eat constantly, and do basically nothing.


What do you do for your mental health?
Do you have something you do daily? Or do you dedicate a day?

9 Comments:

Blogger VerseOne said...

"My Ummi" by MosDef has a calming vibe. I've listened to that song for hours straight. For me music is very "mentally religning." Peace.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Jeni Angel said...

I try to do the same thing on Sundays, but if i had a stressful day, I like to Play My Sims (I am such a dork) and control their lives-it makes me feel more in control of my own-if that makes any sense.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

You say mental health day, yet with the exception of worship, it sounds a lot like a SABBATH.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

My mental health day is Sunday...it is for me. I try to stay home and sit by the fire place and read.and be comfortable drinking my tea.....

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mental health day is Saturday, because that is when I have the whole day to myself. Of course I do the usual homework, but since I have a three day weekend (I start my school week on Tuesdays instead of Monday because of the way my semester is planned) I do it in a relaxed mode. I also take a nice long shower and give myself that whole TLC process.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I like to do yoga for my mental health. A class after work and all of my stress melts away and I literally float home.

4:25 PM  
Blogger josie said...

well mostly i listen to pure moods or other calming music and just sit in bed and think. not heavy thinking, but thinking that takes place without force.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Everyday I do something toward accomplishing my professional goals. It pumps up my mental health, too.

Sometimes what I really need is to just sleep and let tomorrow take care of itself. I do that about twice a month.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

I sing "Jesus Lover of My Soul" by Richard Smallwood while sitting criss cross applesauce in my Prayer closet:)

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home