Thursday, December 01, 2005

Next Year...

I loved some of the responses to my mental health post. The techniques are varied: music, games, reading, yoga, working toward goals, and all-out pampering. This has inspired me to make a Sunday CD filled with all the music that I love. Also, I've never tried yoga, maybe I should. And the idea of all-out pampering has my wheels turning too - like maybe a once a month treat. Thanks for all the responses. Today's topic: next year....


Many people have something they have always wanted to do, but never seem to get around to it. They have always wanted to go to Hawaii, go sky diving, go camping, see a Broadway show, learn the tango, and the list goes on. Maybe next year... I am guilty as charged. I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. But I have never made time for classes. My uncle even bought me my first guitar and sent me books and videos I could use at home until I had time for professional lessons. Year-to-date, everything and everyone is always more important. There are other things I've always wanted to do in life, but I always put school, work, family, or friends first. With the year coming to a close, I wonder, am I going to continue putting myself last or will I find time for some of the things I've always wanted to do? Life is short, no?

Is there something you have always wanted to do but never seem to find the time/money? What really keeps you from doing it? Can you take the steps necessary to do it next year?

5 Comments:

Blogger Edz said...

I definitely know what I'm going to do next year. I'm going to publish my poems (unfortunately they are in French). I have thousand of them, just waiting to be shared and I 've been too scared to consider publishing them. I'm definititely going to do that in 2006. I know I will have to find some editors and I will have to face a lot of negative answers, but come on, trying is worth it.
Also, I'm going to take painting classes. I know it can be difficult to find a class that will help me with painting and brush-techniques, but I so want to do that. I just hope that I will have enough time and money to achieve these desires.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I would like to finish some of my writing projects. What really keeps me from doing it is my own procrastination. I probably need to set more attainable goals with regards to my writing.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

I want to finish school...but fear keeps me at bay...I am a work in progress though:)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Drea Inspired said...

TAKE A REAL VACATION...

Hopefully, next year, I'll have the finances to do it.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I want to work on my phd. I want to finish my writings. What is stopping me is this, I let stuff get in the way. Like helping others, completing another project, etc. The steps I have taken toward these goals: called the admission office and order class catalogue, and I have started writing again. Hopefully I can practice staying with it for awhile.

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home