Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Get Away

Sometimes, you just need to get away. It may be physical or it may be a mental retreat. Some people take a bubble bath while others meditate. Some people go for a drive while others retreat to a room in their home. At some point, everyone needs to get away.

For me, when I need to get away, I take my dog hiking. I love the sound of his paws and my feet as we walk down the trail. I love the sound of the wildlife around us. I love hiking a new trail and the discoveries we make along it. There is something about the fresh air and solitude that renews my spirit.


Where do you go or what do you do when you need to get away?

8 Comments:

Blogger Miz JJ said...

I hide in bed. Underneath my giant down duvet and just think.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:18 AM  
Blogger josie said...

well seeing that i cant physically go somewhere, my only escape is mental. i am a big dreamer. i am always thinking of life in a different way. i love zoning out.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Edz said...

Just like Josie, I like to dream... I can have wild dreams, stupid dreams, crazy dreams. Just close my eyes and I am far away, living my life as Zelda, the Queen of the Marsians. I like to walk to, long walk or I will go to the mall, sit and look at people.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I go to the malls, and shopping centers and I shop. Get my pedicure, read a book and soak in the tub by candle light while laying my head back on a bath pillow....

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to go for a long drive, get lost and find my way back....while listening to loud music.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog is so fun! I love it. I think I will link you.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

I grab a good book with lots of adventure or far away places and damsels in distress...That really takes me away...:)

I agree with tu s. tin your blog is fun...but then again I already knew that:)

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home