Friday, April 21, 2006

Belated Thursday

Okay, so this week's thirteen is a day late. Better late than never, right? I've been advised to make a list of the non-negotiable qualities for my next partner. That way, even when I'm not looking, I'll know what my standards are if someone should come along. When this was first suggested to me, I thought it silly. But now that I look back over my dating history, a list like this could have really been useful. Especially when people seem to come into my life unexpectedly, I am always caught off guard. I'm also really bad at listening to my inner voice and instead my drive to "make things work" or "give them a chance" or "just see what happens" takes over. So, since I always seem to ignore my SCREAMING inner voice, I think having my non-negotiables in writing is quite necessary. Perhaps if we all had this in writing, we'd stop kissing so many frogs... What would your list look like? Post it in the comments or on your blog. Does your current partner have all of your non-negotiable qualities? Can you recall a past relationship where your partner was missing a non-negotiable? Do you think having a list like this is useful? Do you think sticking to it would have saved you from past grief? How about you, any plans to use such a list as you make these decisions in your future? I seriously plan on sticking to this. From experience, I know these are qualities I need in a partner. I don't want to waste any more time with the wrong person.


Thirteen Things about Brea's Next Partner

1. MUST be self-confident. Jealousy and insecurity will not be tolerated.

2. MUST be affectionate. Hugs, kisses, soft touches...I need all of it.

3. MUST be a great communicator which includes the ability to express feelings.

4. MUST value my feelings and opinions, even if they do not agree. Respect is the key word here.

5. MUST be a good listener. The more I talk, the more comfortable I am with the person. If I am opening up to someone, I want to feel like I am heard.

6. MUST be physically fit. Physical attraction plays a big role between two people. A fit body is a requirement to get my chemistry flowing.

7. MUST be adventurous. Food, music, art, travel, activities, ect. I want someone who is willing to try anything at least once.

8. MUST have a good relationship with their family (unless they are crazy).

9. MUST love the outdoors. Duh!

10. MUST make me smile. Laughter is important too. But mostly, I want someone who makes me light up whether I am talking to them or about them.

11. MUST have a healthy sex-drive.

12. MUST master the art of "just because".

13. MUST know how to let things "go with the flow" without rushing or running from commitment, labels, ect. If they or I want a commitment, make it known. I'm not into playing games. If I come to a point where I want them to be my boyfriend, I will say so. I'd expect the same from them. Until then, let's just enjoy getting to know one another.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Josie

2. Torrance

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.


4 Comments:

Blogger josie said...

well i posted the answers on my blog. i thought it would be hard thinking of 13 things, but it wasn't.

12:33 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

actually your list and my list are damm close.

i might write it a bit different or put it in slightly different order but that's about it :)

2:39 PM  
Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

my list is here

http://rawdawgb.blogspot.com/2006/02/we-no-longer-make-that-model.html

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jez Chill said...

Maybe he'll be.... PERFECT? I say, toss the list. :-)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home